Preparations for every race
If you are racing you will be assigned to one of the teams. You will be given a WTRL RACEPASS link to sign up for the relevant event.
If you manually signup for an event using the companion app your results will not be counted.
- Please test comms when warming up. The link to Discord can be found int he group description of the TTT chat groups.
- Make sure you are warmed up and in the pen 5 minutes before the event is scheduled to start. If you clicked the RacePass link then you should see a Join Event button on screen in Zwift.
- No sprinting at the banner drop like a solo race. Starting pace will be discussed on Discord.
- Quickly get into formation. Try and get into a line and try not to overlap other riders.
- Try not to race your team.
- Recover when not pulling.
- Avoid gaps at all times.
- Communication is key to a smooth TTT. Say 'Name is pulling from time a to time b'. For example 'Heidi is pulling from 5:00 to 5:30'.
- When passing other teams you should be prepared to push a bit harder to get past them and break any sticky draft. You must not draft them or the team may get disqualified. If you are overtaken by a group then let them go, don't hold they draft.
- The team time is taken for the fourth rider over the line.
- If you are struggling say something. Don't force yourself to keep pushing and hurt yourself. There is no shame in skipping a turn and sitting in. By being in the group you increase the draft and speed.
- And, most importantly, have fun and don't be 💩.